Keeping in theme with the 'Go Banana Saturday', we went bananas with our Pancake Saturday too. Not the prettiest of dishes but who cares when it tastes like that..
Walnut, Banana and Choc Chip PancakeKeeping in theme with the 'Go Banana Saturday', we went bananas with our Pancake Saturday too. Not the prettiest of dishes but who cares when it tastes like that..Ninitha Koya
Plantain, over ripe
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Then make a well in the centre and add the egg, melted butter and the butter milk. Mix well. The batter will be lumpy
- Now add 1 mashed banana and half the walnuts and half the chocolate chips. Mix until it is incorporated completely into the batter.
- Grease a pan and using 1/3 cup as your measure, scoop in pancake batter.
- As the pancake begins to cook and bubbles form on the top, spread sliced bananas and a sprinkling of walnuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Let the pancake cook further. Then brush a little butter on top of the pancake and banans and flip the pancake.
- The butter will help the bananas caremelise faster and also help toast the walnuts.
- Serve hot white the chocolate chips are still melting. Dust a little icing sugar if you like, to dress it up a little.
- Enter a chocolately, walnutty and banana-y heaven!