A pumpkin twist on the classic shepherd's pie. Dare I say I like this version a little better..
Pumpkin Shepherd's PieA pumpkin twist on the classic shepherd's pie. Dare I say I like this version a little better..Ninitha Koya
Tomatoes, finely diced
1 1/2 Cups
For the top layer
Pumpkin, cooked and drained
- In pan sautee the onion until it is translucent.
- Then add the paprika, ginger and garlic and sautee further.
- Then add the ground beef and move it around the pan until it has slightly browned.
- As it begins to brown add the tomatoes and the mixed vegetables and let it cook thoroughly.
- Spoon this mixture into individual ramekins or your pie dish and spread evenly.
- For the layer above the ground beef mixture, process together the pumpkin, cream and eggs together until combined thoroughly.
- Layer it on top of the beef mixture and bake in an oven preheated to 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.