For when you need a chocolate fix..
Orange n Choco chili snapsFor when you need a chocolate fix..Ninitha Koya
Green Chilli, slit
- Boil water,sugar and chilli together until all the sugar dissolves. Before adding the chilli, take care to remove the seeds from it.
- Then remove the chilli and let the sugar syrup remain untouched until it caramelizes. As soon as it the sugar syrup changes colour and turns a pale yellow, switch off the heat.
- Now add the orange extract and swirl the pot to incorporate the sugar syrup and the extract.
- Now in a baking tray lined with parchment paper, pour the sugar syrup and let it sit for 15 minutes or until it hardens.
- Once it has hardened, break the sugar into pieces and pulse it in a food processor until it becomes sandy.
- On a double boil, melt the chocolate and remove from heat.
- Then add the coconut, orange juice and the finely ground orangy sugar. Mix well.
- Once again, in a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spread the chocolate mix evenly.
- Sprinkle the orange zest on top, score it so that you can break it into pieces easily when set and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Dig in!