A sinfully chocolate cake, ideal for when you need to indulge in chocolatey goodness.
Nuttty, Overdose on Chocolate CakeA sinfully chocolate cake, ideal for when you need to indulge in chocolatey goodness.Ninitha Koya
Chocolate spread (bottle)
Cream (for Icing)
Dark chocolate (for Icing)
Strong coffee (for Icing)
Toasted almond flakes (for Icing)
Almond flakes, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius
- In large bowl, whisk together the egg whites with a pinch of salt to form soft peaks
- In a another bowl cream together the butter and chocolate spread.
- Add to it the coffee, eggs and the ground almond one by one. Mix well
- Then fold in the melted dark chocolate
- Now, spoon a large dollop of the flully egg white in to the chocolate mix and combine thoroughly
- Fold in the remaining egg whites, one third at a time, until everything has been folded well. Don't be too heavy handed as we need the batter to be light airy.
- Pour the batter into a greased springform tin and bake for about 35-40 minutes
- Once done, remove from oven and leave the cake to cool.
- Meanwhile, on low heat, add the chocolate to the cream
- As it begins to melt, add the coffee
- Once the chocolate has melted completely, take it off the heat and whisk well until the mixture thickens
- Now, pour the icing over the cake and spread well, over the sides too. Let it be messy. Messy is yummy
- Scatter the toasted almond flakes on top.
- Dig in!