A classic and super simple pie from Nigella Lawson's collection of amazing desserts. The best part about the recipe is its versatility. It is a very forgiving recipe and if you don't have key limes handy, you can use any other fruit and it will still work. So far I've had tremendous success using variants like passion fruit, orange, grape fruit and even mango.
- Pulse the digestive biscuits and butter together in a food processor until it forms nice buttery crumbs.
- Then press it into your mini tart tins. Take care to line the sides too.
- Leave in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks together until it becomes thick.
- Continue whisking and add the condensed milk and the fruit juice of your choice. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, beat the egg whites plus the salt until it forms soft peaks.
- Now fold the whites in to the yolk mixture
- Pour it into the biscuit base and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Leave it to cool completely.ÃÂ RefrigerateÃÂ if possible.
- Serve! Yum!