Way better than the traditional lasagna cause each mouthful here packs on all the flavours and layers. It is also a dream to serve up. Presenting Drumroll Lasagna Rolls..
Lasagna RollsWay better than the traditional lasagna cause each mouthful here packs on all the flavours and layers. It is also a dream to serve up. Presenting Drumroll Lasagna Rolls..Ninitha Koya
Bunchs Lasagna sheets
Minced Beef/Ground Beef/ Corned Beef
3 Cups (Cheddar or Mozzerella),
Tomato, fiinely diced
Onion, finely diced
- Bring a pot of water to rolling boil and cook the lasagna sheets in it. Drain the sheets and lay them to dry on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Now, heat a little oil in a pan and add the beef to it. Then add the turmeric and paprika and mix well and let the beef fry in the oil. If using corned beef, then fry until the excess oil comes out.
- Once the beef is lightly fried, move the beef on to a plate leaving the pan still on the heat.
- Now, add a little more oil or butter to the pan (just a tad bit cause there will be some oil and spices left over from the beef still in the pan). Add the onions and tomato the pan and sautee well. Then add 1/4 cup of water to it and add the flour and mix well.
- Essentially we are trying to make a roux/sauce. Spread a little of this sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Now take each lasagna sheet and brush it with a little of this sauce. Place a little of the beef and a little cheese and a bit of parsley and roll the sheets. Place the rolls seam side down on the baking dish
- Once all the rolls are placed on the baking dish, pour the remaining sauce all over the rolls. Sprinkle cheese liberally over the top.
- In an oven preheated to 350 degree Fahrenheit, bake the lasagna rolls uncovered for 20 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Let out a deep satisfied sigh!