A very simple, easy to make chocolate tart. A recipe that allows you to play with the ingredients and add new flavours to it. Its basically everything it claims to be, it is crumbly, it feels velvety in your mouth and yes, its a chocolate tart. Can be made as one big tart or as many individual tarts too.
- For the Crust:Mix together the biscuits and butter together in a food processor.
- Now tip the mixture on to your tart tin and press it in so that it spreads evenly. Make sure it covers the edges of the tin too.
- Refrigerate the crust for about 30 minutes.
- For the filling:Mix the gelatin in cold water and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Boil 1/2 a cup of water and drop the chocolate in it and mix well.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, add the gelatin and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Keep stirring until all the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Now add 2 egg yolks to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Then add the vanilla essence.
- Take off from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now, whip the egg whites with the sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the cooled chocolate in to the mix and pour into the tart tin.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Dig in.